[PD] GEM memory usage

Andre Schmidt andre at vju.info
Mon Apr 15 19:25:46 CEST 2002

ok,

got my first "official" patch (a midi controlled video scratch&break player) bug hunting ready :)

(this was discussed here before, but the workaround doesnt work for this)

my first BIG bug that i found is the memory usage of pix_movie & pix_film. i made 2 test with my d1.2ghz/256mb geforce2mx/64mb win2k...
- the same with pix_film was not so bad, but i think in 1hour the memory would be also full

but after closing pd+gem all memory was freed !

does any1 know how to fix this ???

i was also thinking to use a third-party memory cleaner to have as a workaround for not needing to restart pd+gem...

cheers
-andre
ps. if some1 is interested on the patch, i can post it here when the bug hunt is over... (gotta clean it 2 a little)