[PD] parallelism in pd

Miller Puckette mpuckett at man104-1.ucsd.edu
Tue Apr 16 19:24:14 CEST 2002

I concur, with a slight spin: Pd is often memory-bound, and most
dual-processor systems, especially Intel based ones but also AMD,
have their speed limited by memory bandwidth (which is shared between
processors.)

If you want to try it anyway, check out Jmax, which they (IRCAM) claim
knows how to distribute DSP across processors.

cheers
Miller