[PD] Call for Unified Libraries

Frank Barknecht barknech at ph-cip.uni-koeln.de
Wed Apr 17 09:25:37 CEST 2002

Andrew (Andy) W.  Schmeder hat gesagt: // Andrew (Andy) W.  Schmeder wrote:

> The Demudi folks would probably be happy to include this stuff on their
> server/in the distro.
The Demudi folks already have! I have a debian package here called "pd-externals"
and put together by Guenter Geiger, which includes a whole lot of
externals: ggee, ext13, zexy, plugin~, ann,... But probably not in the
newest versions, and that would be a problem for any packager: Keeping
track of new versions of libraries. I think, a pure-data.org like
approach is in that case a better solution, but maybe we need some
collection place where developers could announce and maybe upload new versions
of their externals by themselves. Like here on this mailing list: I
think all externals are announced here. So maybe if we could agree on
a new tag in the subject line instead of [announce] for external
announcements like [EXTERNAL], one could automatically create a list
of new externals from the mailing list archives.

ciao,
--
                                                 __    __
 Frank Barknecht       ____ ______   ____ __ trip\ \  / /wire ______