[PD] audio calculation at full cpu load

Krzysztof Czaja czaja at chopin.edu.pl
Thu Apr 18 09:22:44 CEST 2002

hi Thomas,

1. (yet another workaround:) -- with a combination of oversampled
[switch~] and a [bang~] you may set the (logical) speed of dsp
processing in a window.  This speed may be up to 8192 times the
realtime (or more, if [switch~] is dynamically created) -- I think
this is sufficient in most cases...  test the attachment.

2. This reminds me of my old (and rather modest?) proposal for using
Pd in batch processing of sounds stored on disk.  The needed changes
are:  minor editing of Pd's scheduler, and an addition of a startup
option.

3. ``Filling large arrays with audio data'' is one of the aims of
my vexing library.  I can send you the sources, if you wish.

Krzysztof