[PD] [announce][unauthorized] a micro sound editor : cooled~

Yves Degoyon ydegoyon at free.fr
Fri Apr 19 13:22:50 CEST 2002

> i think you missed that most of the development activities in the pd world
> are based on voluntariness and collaboration.
> That's why noone can actually expect pure-data.org to be accurate or fit
> one's needs.

i think there would be, at least, a moderator or even better,
an integrator which actually tests submitted software.
this is obviously not the case and
the success of PD really depends on this.
i do respect Dave Phillips' work to that extent,
he's a really useful guidance for making sound on Linux.

> You have read (and maybe laughed) about the efforts towards a unified
> library or RPM packages. I find it a pity that this is a lot harder if
there
> is no common resource for pd stuff.

it's even worse when the common resource spreads
inacurrate information and apply an "anything in, anything out" policy.

yves.