[PD] Suspicious files

Art Gillespie agillesp at bitshiftaudio.com
Sun Apr 21 21:23:43 CEST 2002

Hi all,

I got bit hard.  (Back to Win emacs for e-mail for me!)

Here's the info:  W32/Klez.h at MM

http://vil.mcafee.com/dispVirus.asp?virus_k=99455

It will disable your virus-scanners if it installs itself, so they're
useless.  This is a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

While I'm definitely blaming myself for getting snagged by this, I wonder if
it my be possible to prohibit attachments from pd-list.  Just a thought.
I'm on 28.8k  (don't ask) and some of the attachments from this list
sometimes get up to 150k or so.  (And sometimes, they're time-sucking
viruses. :-/)

Best,

Art
http://www.bitshiftaudio.com