[PD] Gem/Framestein and video cards

Ben Bogart - FMPM/F1999 bbogart at acs.ryerson.ca
Sun Apr 21 23:24:13 CEST 2002

Hey Sam,

I think it is your card, Matrox is not known for good 3D performance. I
have a Nvidia GeForce2 MX-400 and it works great with GEM, bautiful frame
rates. The faster the openGL on the card the faster GEM will be. This
basically means you want one of those "gamer" cards. I do recommend
Nvidia, nice cards for the price, dual head possibilities and great linux
support.

Good luck
Ben

On Sun, 21 Apr 2002, Sam Watson wrote:

> Howdy All,
>
> I've been playing around with Framestein and Gem this week and having a
> lovely time with it.  However, I seem to get really poor framerates -
> particularly with Gem.  In fact, I get poor performance with most openGl
> stuff.  I have a Matrox Marvel G400 AGP w/ 16MB on my Piii-750 384MB ram.
> Recent drivers too.  Is it just the card?  Is there a more recent one
> someone could recommend?  Or do I just need to clean up my win98se install?
>
> thanks for advice!
> Sam

B. Bogart
---------