[PD] semi-newbie says hello

Alex Gottschalk algae at netspace.org
Sun Apr 21 23:55:13 CEST 2002

Hi all, I'm new to PD, but I used Max (pre-MSP) pretty extensively through
college in the early 90s.  I'm having a ton of fun right now using PD as a
controller for Propellerheads' Reason using the Midi Yoke loopback device,
and I'm looking forward to playing around with GEM at some point.

One major question I've got; is there a simple list of all PD's objects with
brief descriptions of each?  I've picked up a lot already, but sometimes
I've just been hitting walls because I can't brainstorm the right object
name.  For example, I've been trying to find a simple a/b switch (triggered
by a ban) so that I can route data to either of a pair of structures, and
I've had no luck. "select" and "route" don't really do that.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting back into audio/MIDI programming for
a long time to come!

--Alex

Alex Gottschalk | algae at netspace.org | http://www.netspace.org/~algae/
                       RFC 882 put the dot in .com