[PD] linked-slider logic

David McCallum 8dngm at qlink.queensu.ca
Mon Apr 22 09:17:51 CEST 2002

         I'm writing a really simple delay abstraction with separate delay
times for the left and right channels. But I've included a toggle to
control whether the left and right sliders are linked, so that they are
both set to the same value. The thing is, I can only really simply
implement this when one of the sliders is the controller, and the other one
the slave, otherwise I get a loop going if I let them control each other.

         Has anyone implemented this kind of logic into their patches? I'm
sure it's pretty simple. I can sort of think of detecting which slider has
been moved and then using some spigots to route the information from the
moved slider to the other one... But I'm having trouble visualising exactly
how I'd go about this, especially if I want the user to be able to drag
either of the sliders.

         Any help would be super appreciated.

.
. David McCallum
. Queen's University Electronic Music Studio Manager
.         and Noise Maker
. html://mentalfloss.ca/sintheta/
.