[PD] pd-max compatibility

João Miguel Pais jmmmpl at netcabo.pt
Tue Apr 23 01:11:11 CEST 2002

I was searching cyclone, but the winds might have calmed down, because I
couldn't find any files, just the intro page.
I am not a programmer, but it would be very confortable for me to be able to
work with max and pd simultaneously, so I'll try to use what's already
available and make abstractions with the rest.
If I give up in a week or continue trying, only time will tell.

Is there anybody who compiled the codes in the pd-lib.sourcefourge site?
(into windows)

I also wanted to create a kind of command-line program (I think it might be
called "script") that would make the necessary changes in the text files
(osc~ -> cycle~ ; correct parameters for atoms ; detection of max signal
outlets and inlets ; etc.). Basically just a "replace" command would be
necessary. Does anybody know if something like that already exists and can
be easily controlled by an "amateur"?

Other short question: I remember seing an object from a library that would
direct bangs to two exits alternatively (1st bang -> left; 2nd bang -> right
; etc.), but I searched everything and couldn't find it. Anybody remembers
which object was?

João Miguel Pais