[PD] pd-gui wishlist

martin pi pi at attacksyour.net
Wed Apr 24 11:15:37 CEST 2002

sorry to get so boldly into the way, yet this
pseudo_3d madnesses that grasp all "modern" user
interfaces are not the right way in my
opinion. keep it plain and logical. the main
functionallity needed (at the gui part) are:

- speed and stability
- antialiasing of fonts & lines
- maybe layers would be interesting
- automatic placement of main window on
top/bottom/left/wherever (but always at the same
place and not in the center of the screen)

what makes pd so percepted unstable in the use is
the slight delay in reaction in my opinion. but
that is caused by the network-seperated approach
of gui & "server".

the foretellable placement of the main window
would be very nice at the development stage of
externals - currently im am always make-ing and
the firing up pd and the closing [ and sometimes
finding ] of the main window gets on my nerves.

after all: why should a button on my 2d screen be
2,5d like in pseudo 3d?

martin

On Tue, 23 Apr 2002, mark wrote:

> To be honest I am not looking for anything fancy - just
> a bit pseudo 3d'ness perhaps - the odd shadow on a box
> makes a big difference apperance wise.
>
> mark

martin pi
attacksyour.net/pi