[PD] route bug or feature ?

joge . gboy at nycap.rr.com
Wed Apr 24 17:30:13 CEST 2002

> hi joge,
>
> indeed, Pd swallows bangs quite often, because if a class does not
> declare an explicit bang method, but handles lists, a bang is
> converted to an empty list.  Thus, if bang is not expected, it is
> oftentimes ignored (but there are many special cases...)
>
> I think this is not a route-specific problem, but, rather, the more
> general design choices would need to be made (see my post `playing
> hide and seek with the bangs' from 03/14/02).
interesting , i just read your post .  i am sure i exactly follow it but i
understand what you are generally saying .. when i can think a little bit ,
i will read read it .  i noticed that you offered the patch for
incorporation into pd ,  has miller added this in to pd yet ?  or does he
want the bang system to work how it does for some reason ...

hmmmm .. might be worth proposing a cvs system for the pd where updates can
be submitted by any one in a systematic and timely manner ?  not sure if
this was talked about already .

> btw, [route] is a synonym for [route 0].
thanks ,  good to know .

> Krzysztof

joge .