PD and Flash (was Re: [PD] pd-gui wishlist)

Bill Orcutt mailing-l at bigfoot.com
Wed Apr 24 19:25:57 CEST 2002

Funny, I've been working on something similar- the answer to your question
is no, but it _is_ possible to stream pd's output with yves' shoutcast~ (in
no-gui mode if you like) then use a flash animation to control pd via osc
(http://www.benchun.net/flosc/ ). Which makes me wonder if flash would be
capable of receiving and playing back a ice/shoutcast audio stream, thus
creating the effect of an "embedded" pd patch in the browser. Any Flash
wizards out there know the answer to this?

On the subject of gui-goodness, has anyone had the opportunity to play with
the sodaconstructor/osc controller?  http://www.soda.co.uk/explore/osc.htm

thanks

Bill