AW: [PD] pd-max compatibility

david casal D.Casal at uea.ac.uk
Fri Apr 26 17:52:52 CEST 2002

On Fri, 26 Apr 2002, [X-UNKNOWN] günter geiger wrote:

> Looks pretty interesting. From reading the description, what I understand
> is that it forces people to do the source managment in
> a structured way. This is one thing that programmers using CVS have to
> learn first.

That's the case AFAIK.

> As a big drawback I consider the fact that they say their Windows support
> is weak, and as pd externals are windows too..

Indeed. Exclusion is not really the way forward. Though actually (someone
correct me here if I'm wrong), development of PD's main code is never done
on a windoze platform, just tested on one. It would still affect externals
development, though, you're right...

> Another point contra aegis, we have to run our own server and can't use
> sourceforge for aegis.

I would strongly volunteer to run Aegis on UEA labs, but I see your point.

Oh well.

DC

david casal                   --0+
    ---