[PD] freesym

Thomas Grill t.grill at gmx.net
Sat Apr 27 10:42:22 CEST 2002

Hi all,
if have a rather basic question (and i admit that i haven't understood the
gensym code entirely...):
When i generate a symbol, is it guaranteed to remain in the PD system
forever?
And, on the other hand, is it possible to free symbol definitions from the
symbol space?
(I have a system which generates zillions of symbols dynamically... does
that eat up memory endlessly?)

thanks!
Thomas

OT: Can anyone give me tips concerning the (non-academic/-institutional)
electronic music scene in Paris? I'll be there from May, 2nd-8th. Any
locations, concerts, festivals, etc.? Merci.