[PD] OS X pd-0.35-test21 binary prob?

tigital tigital at mac.com
Sat Apr 27 21:32:22 CEST 2002

Yaaaay!

...test21 has midi support!...now, how come I didn't see a post on
this list that it was available?  Woulda been a good change of pace
from fretting over patch cord color schemes ;-)

...anyway, I just installed the folder in /Applications and tried
running the binary, but came up with the following:

[localhost:/Applications/pd-0.35-test21] tigital% bin/pd
MIDISPORTUSBDriver init
NewDevice returning 374512
creating new interface runner in USBMIDIDriverBase::Start
could not open midi input device number 1: Invalid device ID.
could not open midi output device number 1: Invalid device ID.
in 2 out 2 rate 44100
using default device number: 0
nchan 2, flags 3, bufs 8, framesperbuf 256
PortAudio on OSX - Latency = 2048 frames, 46 msec
Error in startup script: couldn't read file "../bin/pd.tk": no such
file or directory

...of course the binary pd.tk is where it should be, but I don't know
how to tell the script:  I'm still a-learning these cli
manipulations...

any suggestions?  I'll probably try and rebuild from the ground up,
cuz that's how I've gotten it running before!

tanx fr the midi!  I'm now even more feverishly trying to port GEM...

jamie