[PD] Soundfiler

Søren Bovbjerg bovbjerg at musik.auc.dk
Tue Apr 30 08:56:55 CEST 2002

>I've created and edited most of the wav files in Cool Edit Pro and saved
them as 16-bit PCM wav files.  When I try to >play them using readsf~ I get
a "Bad header" error in PD's terminal window.

Remember to uncheck the "Save extra non-audio information" checkbox when you
save files in CoolEdit. This may solve your problem. Changing the filetype
to Apple .aif format will probably also solve the problem.

>And using soundfiler, I can read small-ish files into an array but
the -resize flag fails when I try to read longer files (approx >3 - 5
minutes).

The soundfiler have a size limitation of about 16MB, since samples are
loaded into memory (to prevent overflowing the memory?). To break this
you'll need to edit d_soundfile.c in the sources line 798 and recompile.
(This worked for me once).

HTH
Soeren