[PD] OSX and Tk...

Michael A. Thompson mthomp at mac.com
Tue Apr 30 20:24:52 CEST 2002

I had this problem of the gui not starting a while back and tracked it
down to the make process not modifying the first line of the pd.tk file
correctly.  Open pd.tk in a real text editor and make sure the first
line reads:
set pd_nt 2
once I changed this it worked fine. But the latest 0.35-test21
precompiled version works fine on my machine out of the tarball. I also
trust everybody is using HFS+ filesystems? the unix filesystem doesn't
work with tcl/tk for OSX yet.

On MacOS X.1.4, pd runs pretty well. I can save patchs, load externals,
and I have compiled and run all of the third party externals (sonogram~
and the like) without problems and they work!!! The only thing is that I
don't have any midi stuff to test the midi side with. Also, I have
hacked the pd.tk file to make the GUI more Mac like so the menu bar is
in the correct place and that command key modifiers work in a macintosh
way. Doesn't seem to have messed up the X11 version either.

Anyway, great job miller!!!