[PD] graphs, arrays, tables

sme marius.schebella at chello.at
Wed May 1 11:53:00 CEST 2002

hi,
i run into several problems when working with graphs, arrays or tables.
as i see, arrays still don´t take $1-variables in their names (please
correct me). and also no $0. and secondly wonder, if it is possible to
access the properties of graphs, arrays or tables with messages... like
[;array100 Xfrom Xto screenwidth, ...(
i would also like to create arrays via messages [array [arg1]
[arg2]...( --- [send pd-my-patch.pd] but this is not really documented
and i am not able to track this out of the source-code (may be this
feature it is not enabled at all?).
i know, that there are several ways of showing or saving data, but the
advantage of arrays is, that they are "on top"/always visible in a
patch.
(tables can take $-variables, but do not save their appearance, are in a
subpatch). the problem with renaming arrays is, that if i use "array" as
the default name in an abstraction and i do a [;array $1-array( then 100
arrays are renamed and have still no unique names, ...
is their any help/idea?
marius.

[this is an object]
[this is a message(