[PD] soundcard noise (now also with hammerfall!)

martin pi pi at attacksyour.net
Thu May 2 00:43:19 CEST 2002

erich:

may could also be network related in any
way.. since it seems to happen in the instant
network com happens.

list:

got the same/a similar problem with my hammerfall
- in my case doing some rmod and insmods solves
it. yet i do have no clue, why (but it would have
to be a buffer problem, i guess). another strange
thing with the hammerfall: pd sounds fresh and
clean (after the procedure above) yet other sound
software like xmms sounds nasty...

martin

On Wed, 1 May 2002 rat at telecoma.net wrote:

> On Wed, 1 May 2002, Christian Klippel wrote:
>
> > hi erich,
> >
> > the noise is comming from the power supply. every time
> > the cpu transfers data, or calculates, the load on the
> > power line varies. this variations you can hear through
> > the analouge electronics on the soundcard.
>
> but i have the impression that the noise just appears
> when i move a window, or window content is changing.
>
> when my patches are running or some other background stuff
> is happening then i have no problems.
> wasnt there once a discussion about troubles with
> grafikcard and soundcard ?
>
> thx
>
> erich

martin pi