[PD] Default buffer size?

David Sabine dave at davesabine.com
Thu May 2 02:15:25 CEST 2002

Hello,

what is PD's default audio buffer size in Windows XP? This question has the following history:

My command line:

C:\pd\bin\pd.exe -verbose -listdev -resync -audiobuf 100 -soundoutdev 1 -outchannels 2 -soundindev 1 -inchannels 2 -nomidi

Without -resync, dac~ or adc~ (i can't tell which) makes popping sounds and noise approximately 150 bpm.

With -resync AND -audiobuf 100, pd gets stuck in a 'resyncing audio' loop upon startup.

With -resync AND NOT -audiobuf, pd works like a charm...but I can't determine the latency of the input signal (i.e. I don't know the default size of the audio buffer).

Many Thanks.
Dave