[PD] Urgent help needed (Pd/Gem) crash

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.kug.ac.at
Thu May 2 12:38:20 CEST 2002

Matthew Paradis wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> windows 98.  This seems to apply to all of the available versions of
> both distributions (old and new) and on a variety of computer set-ups.
>
> Firstly when a patch is loaded, it is not possible to open a sub patch
> without crashing pd.
 >
> Secondly a patch can crash whilst rendering gem graphics, even though
> there is no specific event in terms of memory or processor usage at the
> time of the crash.

hi

which versions of both pd and gem are you using ?
you are right, that the first problem (crashing when opening subpatches)
occured with releases of GemPlus (which is obsolete now, in case someone
has not noticed yet) and i never really understood where/why it crashed

it never occured to me on Mark's precompiled versions (gem<=0.85)
but the problem seemed to be gone with gem-0.87 and pd-0.35test4 (or
something, i hope this reflects my setting at home)

mfg.cdsa.dr
IOhannes