[PD] [ANNOUNCE] turn the knobs, fix the bugs

Frank Barknecht barknech at ph-cip.uni-koeln.de
Thu May 2 13:11:37 CEST 2002

Hi all,

somehow I really missed a knob gui object in PD, so I wrote one. Well,
in fact, I only changed g_hslider.c a bit. My knob looks very much
like the knobs in a popular new audio software made in Berlin. That's
intended, because I like those knobs.

::from_the_readme::

"knob" is a new gui object for PD based on the IEMGUI-hslider included in PD.
It is only tested on Linux, but it should work on other platforms with little
changes.

Distribution form is as a patch to PD in version pd-0.35-test17.linux.tar.gz

This is the first known bug: knob should be an external!

It has at least one other known bug: While moving the knob, the dial line is
wrong.  Also the computing of geometries needs to be cleaned up and the
Properties dialog still includes the not used height entry renamed to NONE, to
make clear that this value is ignored.

I will fix these bugs someday, but I'll have to dig the hslider code
some more. Maybe someone wants to help??? Also maybe some have ideas
how to extent the knob, make it more ergonomic and such.

Knob is available at http://footils.radio-worldwi.de
Screenshots are there as well.
Direct download adress is: http://footils.radio-worldwi.de/knob-0.01.tgz

It was written reusing very very much IEM code, so props go out to
Thomas Musil.

ciao,
--
 Frank Barknecht                                  _ _______footils__