[PD] [ANNOUNCE] turn the knobs, fix the bugs

Frank Barknecht barknech at ph-cip.uni-koeln.de
Thu May 2 17:10:43 CEST 2002

Hi Orm,
Orm Finnendahl hat gesagt: // Orm Finnendahl wrote:

> trying to build pd after patching it yields:
>
> m_conf.o: In function `conf_init':
> m_conf.o(.text+0x36): undefined reference to `g_knob_setup'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make: *** [../bin/pd] Error 1
>
> What's wrong?
Hmm, I hope, the patch is correct, here it does work.
These files should get patched:

  patching file `src/g_all_guis.h'
  patching file `src/g_canvas.c'
  patching file `src/g_knob.c'
  patching file `src/g_text.c'
  patching file `src/m_conf.c'
  patching file `src/makefile.in'
  patching file `src/u_main.tk'

g_knob.c is a new file including the main code for the knob. The
function "g_knob_setup" is defined in there. Does g_knob.o get built?
It should be in ./obj/.

The makefile.in should add "g_knob.c" to the sources in $SRC while
configuring. In m_conf.c and all the other files I just added the
setup functions and struct definition needed. Make sure, all of these
have something with "knob" in it that looks like the corresponding
functions for hslider.

I have now put these files on my webpage. You might want to check
them out at:
http://footils.radio-worldwi.de/knob-sources-0.01.tgz

Ciao,
--