[PD] Research and Graduate Schools

Ben Bogart - FMPM/F1999 bbogart at acs.ryerson.ca
Sat May 4 22:14:48 CEST 2002

Hello all,

this is certainly off topic but I thought you would be a good group of
people to ask. I am a year away from finishing my BFA and am wondering
what to do afterwards. My main career interest is to be an
artist/researcher in an academic setting. What graduate schools do
people suggest that have good research programs in art/new media
research? I would be interested in moving almost anywhere for the
right program.

I'm currently looking at MIT MediaLab - Computer Culture, The Art and
Technology program at Chalmers University - Sweden, The Studio for
creative inquiry at Carnegie Mellon, Hexgram at Concordia - Canada,
ZKM, and UCSD.

Anyone have any other suggestions? My research interests center
around, data visualization, neural networks, genetic algorithms,
virtual life, HCI and mass communication systems. I'm particularly
interested in how these areas fit into art production.

Thanks
Ben

www.ekran.org/ben

B. Bogart