[PD] fontz

Andre Schmidt andre at vju.info
Sun May 5 20:33:16 CEST 2002

hello mr. Puckette (getting formal here :)

i'm getting serious with this font issue...

so,

1. what's your favorite font 4 pd ?
(well, courier seems 2 be the default so i could make a "cleaned" screen version)
[but because courier is an "old'n VERY used" font, i would love to design an unigue PD font]

2. i need to know the font sizes to use, in pixels !!! ?
(for easyness, you can send me a screen shot using all font sizes)

2b. maybe a poll what font sizes people mostly use...

3. are you planning 2 use "all" characters of ascii table ?
(well, in german im missing Ä&Ö etc for gem)

4. will the screen sizes be a problem (ie. win/mac use different sizes?)
(if yes, i can do a seperate mac version)

5. is it possible to "load" the font from pd directory (eg. not installing the fonts)

6. am i wastin my time with this (and it would be only me using this font)?

(i need info on BITMAP fonts that linux & mac nativly use)
[linux = prc ?]
[mac = ?]

why do i do this?
because:
1. that the patches look 100% the same on every os
2. those "vector" fonts are NOT good 4 ANY computer program
3. i kinda love interface design :)

...i WILL do this font, even if im the only1 to use it :)

cheers
-andre