[PD] [announce] extention patch to "gate" of iemlib1

Krzysztof Czaja czaja at chopin.edu.pl
Mon May 6 10:59:33 CEST 2002

hi Orm, hi Thomas...

Orm Finnendahl wrote:
 > Am Montag, den 06. Mai 2002 um 01:27:18 Uhr (+0200) schrieb Thomas Musil:
 >>I didnt have any time to test the pd-max compatibility lib.
 >>maybe there will be a conflict with gate-object?

what library have you in mind?  There is no gate in pd-lib, nor
in cyclone (yet).  But... there is an `xgate' external coded by
CK aka chris at lo-res.org (which, btw, limits the number of
outlets to 10).  And... there is a `demux' in zexy.

 >>in next-max of the early 90's, the left input was the contol-input,
 >>the same in max-msp (i think).

gate in max has a bang method too (reports the open outlet), which
is probably the only reason why the inlets are as they are.  One
needs to filter this bang through a [grab], though (there is a grab
class in cyclone).

 > P.S.: BTW: What about a Max compatible "switch" object? Does something
 > like that already exist in pd? I need something like that all the
 > time.

ok, if nobody has it up an running, I think I will give it a try
(when I am through the huge pile of mail:-)

Krzysztof