[PD] size of objects

Olaf Matthes olaf.matthes at gmx.de
Tue May 7 12:12:00 CEST 2002

Hi all,

I often have the same problem with objects that have a lot of inlets / outlets.
I know there is a way to stretch an object by writing a lot of code for the
object itselfe....

Wouldn't it be a good idea to change the Pd code slightly so that object sizes
do not only depent on the length of the object's name? I haven't had a look at
the code yet but my idea is to check wether the inlets / outlets overlap. I.e.
when Pd calulates the horizontal size for an object (based on the number of
characters I think ?) it checks wether it will be long enough for all inlets /
outlets (leaving at least one pixel between them) and makes it longer if
necessarry....

My workaround was to use somtheing like this: [object any_text_to_stretch_it] -
But this makes a patch look like a text book... and might suggest that a
creation argument is passed on to the object.

Olaf