[PD] new in cyclone: switch, gate, and record~

Krzysztof Czaja czaja at chopin.edu.pl
Tue May 7 13:36:14 CEST 2002

hi all,

switch and gate appear to be max-compatible, mostly, apart from
not imposing an upper limit for the number of inlets/outlets
(10 in max3, 100 in max4).

There is also a record~ clone, which is probably not very useful
-- xsample.xrecord~ is generally better.  But cyclone.record~
is `multichannel':  if there are arrays named 0-t..99-t (100 of
them) [record~ t 100] should be able to fill them all (using the
size of the smallest one as the maximum range).  Likewise
[record~ t 1] should record into an array `0-t' (but [record t]
into `t').  Obviously, it is a not very pretty workaround, and not
msp-compatible...

Since record~ is a quick patchwork of my other code, it is
expected to crash right away on everybody else's computer.
Also, it was not fully tested for compatibility yet (not sure
how strictly compatible it should be).  I am releasing it
to gather your views on how best to work multichannel with Pd
arrays.

Krzyszt-another-pd-list-spammer-to-get-rid-of