[PD] Chorus or Flange...

David Sabine dave at davesabine.com
Wed May 8 00:20:03 CEST 2002

Hello,

Has anybody designed a really nice chorus that they'd be willing to share with me?  I'd like to see an example of either a single-voice or a multi-voice chorus.

I've been trying to build one but I'm not having a lot of luck.  I'd like to use adc~ (instead of reading from a sample) and (as I'm still very new to PD) I can't decide if I need to use delwrite~ or tabwrite~ to build an array that I can read from.  As well, for both a chorus and flange, I'd 'think' like to have either a randomized delay time or a controllable LFO.

Or perhaps I need to look into vst~?  (But that doesn't help me understand a 'chorus' or 'flange', which is my goal, that would teach me how to manipulate vst, which isn't my goal yet).

Many thanks,
Dave Sabine