[PD] Resync - audiobuf problem

David Sabine dave at davesabine.com
Thu May 9 04:29:34 CEST 2002

Hello,

I'm trying to minimize latency.  And fyi: I'm using a 'stereo' system - hence, not asio.

I'm inputting a live instrument via adc~ (with two channels of input).  I hear approximately 180 milliseconds of latency.  That's understandable and not necessarily a problem.  Because:

1.  I can change the audiobuf size, perhaps to 30 or 50...

However, my problem is this:
1.  When I use -audiobuf flag, I have to use -resync or else I get nothing but noise.
2.  But I don't want to use -resync, because I'm also running a small GEM window (I've explained in a previous message that I don't have a second computer available to create a dedicated GEM machine).

MY QUESTION:
Is there some way that I can manually send a 'resync' message to pd while I've got canvases open and running??  Unless I'm completely misunderstanding the function and purpose of "resync", it seems that this should be possible and would be quite handy.  In this way, I could control WHEN pd resyncs the audio...for instance I could resync the audio whenever the volumes are cut to zero and avoid HEARING the resync process.

Regards,
Dave S