[PD] distortion

David N G McCallum 8dngm at qlink.queensu.ca
Fri May 10 15:53:40 CEST 2002

	Speaking of waveshaping, does anyone know how I'd go about getting
a waveshaping equation into a table for tabread4~?

	For example, say I want to use the equation:

f(x,a) = x*(abs(x) + a)/(x^2 + (a-1)*abs(x) + 1)

that I got off musicdsp.org. Where a is a variable and x is the input
sample value.

	I can think of running a line through the equation and into the
table, but that seems like an awfully stupid way of going about it.

.
. David McCallum
. Queen's University Electronic Music Studio Manager
.           and Noise Maker
. http://mentalfloss.ca/sintheta/
.