[PD] distortion

Olaf Matthes olaf.matthes at gmx.de
Fri May 10 17:59:34 CEST 2002

David N G McCallum schrieb:

>         Speaking of waveshaping, does anyone know how I'd go about getting
> a waveshaping equation into a table for tabread4~?
>         I can think of running a line through the equation and into the
> table, but that seems like an awfully stupid way of going about it.

Hi, I don't have a solution for your equation but there are some objects in
the latest release of PeRColate (version 0.07) that can be used to fill tables
for waveshaping. It's the 'gen-family' coming from RTcmix' 'makegen':
the objects generate harmonic wavetable functions (Gen9 / Gen10), chebyshev
polynomial equations (Gen17), random number distributions (Gen20), breakpoint
functions (Gen7, Gen9, and Gen24), and hamming / hanning windows (Gen25).

find it at: http://www.akustische-kunst.de/puredata/percolate.html

Olaf