[PD] distortion

David McCallum 8dngm at qlink.queensu.ca
Sun May 12 18:37:22 CEST 2002

         Oh, neat! I tried doing expr~ before but used the sample-specific
notation and not the vectors (I didn't/don't really understand the vector
aspect of DSP.)

         I wanted to use tabread4~ because I assumed that it would be less
processor intensive than an expr~. Does anybody have any experience, data
on this?

David McCallum

At 09:09 AM 11/05/02 +0200, Frank Barknecht wrote:
>I wouldn't write this into a table but instead use the expr~ family.
>Unless more 'GEN' functions besides "sinesums" get implemented widely,
>expr~ is a better way for this kind of waveshaping. I tested some
>waveshaping methods in my dirty waveshaper patch available at
>http://footils.radio-worldwi.de (soon footils.org, btw.)
>
>Your example is attached.
>
>ciao,
>--
>  Frank Barknecht                                  _ _______footils__

.
. David McCallum
. Queen's University Electronic Music Studio Manager
.         and Noise Maker
. html://mentalfloss.ca/sintheta/
.