[PD] need audio help

Andre Schmidt andre at vju.info
Sun May 12 17:12:27 CEST 2002

hi,

this is my first audio project with pd :)
so i would be very happy if some1 gives some tips how to make it better

what it does?
it loads an audiofile to table. then the size is divided and randomly played with xgroove~ from desired points...

this is probably NOT the best way to do this, but thats how i did it with video. and i'm not so good on handling audio...

my biggest problem are those snaps/clicks when ever it starts to play from another point. how can i eliminate those snaps/clicks ? (fast fadeout before playing the next slice?)

btw. how do i count the BPM from an audiofile and convert it to speed(float) for xgroove~

to use the [random_drummer.pd] you need:
- xgroove~
- zexy
- framestein (sorry, but is fs the only way for drag'n'drop)
- gem (if you have a "smaller" solution for [oneshot] let me know !)

how 2 use:
- start pd :)
- load the patch
- drag a (drum)loop to the framestein window
then it should start automaticly
(- set slices with [vdial])

here's a loop (if you need)
www.vju-tv.net/dloop08.wav

1000x thnx for any answer
-andre
ps. sorry about the mess in the patch...