[PD] usleep() equivalent to Sleep() ?

Yves Degoyon ydegoyon at free.fr
Mon May 13 20:39:47 CEST 2002

>>If you ported the code "as is",
>>there should be a delay of 100 seconds
>>before drawing anything,
>>i guess that's not what you expect.
>>
>>So, divide THREAD_SLEEP_TIME by 1000.
>>
>>Next, i don't really know what you mean by
>>"buffer overrun", maybe because i never
>>used PD on Windows ???
>>

>i am not sure what a buffer overrun is either .  i am imagining its just
>means that the program is writing to an array past the end of the declared
>array space .
>
>i have narrowed it down to crashing after the the record button is pressed
>that the sample is done playing .

well, i can only guess here.

when recording is finished,
a thread is created in order to send
all graphic data to the GUI.

uncomment the following line :

           // post( "sonogram~ : stopped recording" );

and tell me if this appears in the log.

regards,

yves.

for fun, i translated my page to french with google
and got this :
http://ydegoyon.free.fr/fr.html

that's funny for those who can read french, sorry.