[PD] ASIO (bug?)

nullpointer nullpointer at odessadesign.co.uk
Tue May 14 20:05:54 CEST 2002

>> I imagine you've already tried "(...pd...) -asio -audiodev 33", yes?

my version of pd doesn't recognise -audiodev as an arg..
I'm using
pd-0.35-test23.msw.zip
but..... i do get a stackload of asio device options..
including WDM style asio (The new Windows Model for XP e.t.c.) which is the
one i need to use really.
I tried -asio -sounddev 1
and -asio -soundoutdev 1 e.t.c.
Any asio invocation uses the onboard sb card..(even though this is not
device 0)
Could it be because the card i want to use is multichannel? (i only need the
first 2 channels though)

the card is an event/echo gina card

mmmm very confusing..

any help....?
has anyone got asio working on xp>

Thanks

Tom

C:\pd\bin>pd -asio
not using MIDI input (use 'pd -midiindev 1' to override)
using default device number: 0
nchan 2, flags 3, bufs 4, framesperbuf 256
PaASIO_QueryDeviceInfo: numDrivers = 4
*****************
Driver [0]: ASIO DirectX Driver
PaASIO_QueryDeviceInfo: InputChannels = 2
PaASIO_QueryDeviceInfo: OutputChannels = 2
PortAudio : possible sample rate = 11025
PortAudio : possible sample rate = 22050
PortAudio : possible sample rate = 32000
PortAudio : possible sample rate = 44100
PortAudio : possible sample rate = 48000
PortAudio : possible sample rate = 88200
PortAudio : possible sample rate = 96000
*****************
Driver [1]: ASIO DirectX Full Duplex Driver
PaASIO_QueryDeviceInfo: InputChannels = 6
PaASIO_QueryDeviceInfo: OutputChannels = 10
PortAudio : possible sample rate = 44100
PortAudio : possible sample rate = 48000
*****************
Driver [2]: ASIO Echo WDM
PaASIO_QueryDeviceInfo: InputChannels = 4
PaASIO_QueryDeviceInfo: OutputChannels = 10
PortAudio : possible sample rate = 44100
*****************
Driver [3]: ASIO Multimedia Driver
PaASIO_QueryDeviceInfo: InputChannels = 6
PaASIO_QueryDeviceInfo: OutputChannels = 12
PortAudio : possible sample rate = 11025
PortAudio : possible sample rate = 22050
PortAudio : possible sample rate = 32000
PortAudio : possible sample rate = 44100
PortAudio : possible sample rate = 48000
PortAudio : possible sample rate = 88200
PortAudio : possible sample rate = 96000
----------------------------------
PortAudio : minSize = 512
PortAudio : preferredSize = 3000
PortAudio : maxSize = 16384
PortAudio : granularity = 512
PortAudio : User buffer size = 256
PortAudio : ASIO buffer size = 1024
PortAudio : Minimum BufferOffset for Output = 0
PortAudio : ASIOCreateBuffers with size = 1024
PortAudio : InputLatency = 0 latency = 0 msec
PortAudio : OuputLatency = 9000 latency = 204 msec
C:/pd