[PD] arrays

Orm Finnendahl finnendahl at folkwang-hochschule.de
Thu May 16 10:35:18 CEST 2002

Hi,

is it possible to have more than one graphic representation for the
same array in the same patch?

I would like to have a couple of miniature "iconlike" representations
of soundfiles on the screen (as arrays) and one current main buffer,
which is represented in a large graphic array. Then I'd like to be
able to switch the reference of the main buffer between the miniature
buffers and get that reflected on screen.

Of course this would be possible by copying the values from the small
buffers to the main buffer, but I would prefer a less expensive
context switch. Or isn't it less expensive as the visual data has to
be changed anyway?

If I have to copy values from a miniature buffer to the main buffer,
is there a predefined message for accomplishing it or has the data to
get read out and written by some self-defined loop mechanism? How do I
access the array size for that?

Thanx in advance,
Orm