[PD] pddp - a proposal

Rory Walsh rorytheroar at yahoo.com
Thu May 16 13:19:37 CEST 2002

if someone can overlook each contribution so no one is
writing documentation someone has already written, or
even to post progess on the Pdwiki so people know
whats been done therefore people can look through it
and decide what needs doing, personally I would love
it if someone would write a few chapters on using Gem.

The Csound Book is kinda done this way with a
different contributor for each chapter and it works
really well

 --- jfm3 <jfm3 at ouroboros-complex.org> wrote: > I
"ported" the documentation to SGML a a while ago.
> If you're all
> interested, let me know and I'll dig it out again.
>
> On Wed, 2002-05-15 at 19:35, martin wrote:
> > I am of the opinion that HTML output for pd
> documentation if highly
> > desirable. However, I would stress that HTML is
> probably not the best format
> > to actually author and maintain such
> documentation.
> >
> > Which raises the point: does anyone have any
> experience, or good pointers to
> > existing documentation projects (for other
> subjects), documentation
> > maintainence, and documentation formats (such as
> DocBook and SGML)?
> >
> > - martin
> >
> > > p.s.: I would suggest that the documentation
> should be HTML format (rather
> > > than pdf, ps, etc.) because:
> > > 1.  everybody with a web browser can participate
> in development of such a
> > > document.
> > > 2.  everybody with a web browser can access the
> documentation.
> > > 3.  the documentation can provide downloadable
> examples.
> > > 4.  etc. etc.
> >

> --
> (jfm3)