[PD] newbiew question... setting a condition

Paul Coutinho aglobais at hotmail.com
Thu May 16 17:28:27 CEST 2002

Hello to all.

I´ve attached the patch in which I am trying to create a switch.

I would like PD to records sound when there´s voices...

But when there is silence it would play back that sound.

Since I depend on frequencies I used several moses objects to limit the frequencies...

My intention is to record only voices in an area and have PD capture these and play them back after passing some filters over them... Nothing very complicated but a challenge for me so far.

I´ve limited the frequencies to an average out what the mic ( a cheap one ) captures as voice and not noise but its not the best of solutions. I haven´t put in any filters yet (besides a low pass).

Does anyone know of good distortion objects (filters) for PD ? and where to get them?

any aid is much appreciated... thanks

Joao Rui