[PD][announce] maxlib v0.4

Damien HENRY damien_henry at libertysurf.fr
Fri May 17 00:14:09 CEST 2002

> there are two objects, 'dist' and 'remote', which can be used to send
> data to 'receive' objects. 'dist' (or just 'd') allows to use 'connect
> <name>' messages to add names of receive objects to a list (and
> 'disconnect <name>' to remove them).

I've testing them yet, but the basic idea of thoses too object is just
fantastic !

I'm looking for the same, but about netsend & netreceive.

I whant to be able to send from 1 object to an arbitrary number of netreiceve.
In the code of the netsend object (x_net.c )there is a test to disable the
creation of a new socket if there is already a connection.

if (x->x_fd >= 0)
    {
    	error("netsend_connect: already connected");
    	return;
    }

    	/* create a socket */
    sockfd = socket(AF_INET, x->x_protocol, 0);

if I remove this test, is there a chance that it will work without crashing ?

Netreceive is already able to receive from diferent sources and even to tell
to how many.
But is there here a socket gourou to give me a clue to do the hack in way
that netreceive will output things like :

19.168.1.1 test 1
19.168.1.3 test 3

I mean to use the IP addresse of the sender as a selector.
my goal is to diferentiate the data by their sender.

Thanks to anyone that can help me about it.

Cheers
Damien.