[PD] Converting t_symbol to type const char

Olaf Matthes olaf.matthes at gmx.de
Mon May 20 17:17:53 CEST 2002

Hi Matthew,

in case your fuction gets the hostname as 't_symbol *s', the code would
look like this:

char *host = s->s_name;

I'm not shure if this would work with 'const char'...,
In case you pass it a list (t_symbol *s, int argc, t_atom, argv):

char *host = atom_getsymbolarg(i, argc, argv); /* with i = 0 to get the
first element in the list */

Olaf

PS: you can send me your code off the list and I'll have a look at it