[PD] Trying to compile Gem 0.87 under RH7.2 any thoughts?

Frank Barknecht barknech at ph-cip.uni-koeln.de
Tue May 21 08:43:04 CEST 2002

Jim Ruxton hat gesagt: // Jim Ruxton wrote:

> Hi, I'm stuck trying to compile Gem 0.87 under RH 7.2 . I was wondering
> if someone might have a look at the attched file which shows the result
> of the
> # ./ makeauxlibs
> # ./configure
> # make
> I was able to compile Gem 0.84 successfully so I'm not sure what has
> changed. I've deleted my Gem 0.84 version so really need to get 0.87
> working. Thanks for any advice!
> Jim

> ./makeauxlibs: test: =: unary operator expected
[...]
> pix_puzzle.cpp: In method `void pix_puzzle::processFX (imageStruct &)':
> pix_puzzle.cpp:241: `memcpy' undeclared (first use this function)
> pix_puzzle.cpp:241: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> for each function it appears in.)
I vaguely remember this problem when I tried compiling GEM with
g++-3.0, and in my pix_puzzle.cpp I _think_ I fixed this with adding
#include <string.h>
at the beginning of the file, but maybe it was there already. Anyways
I could build Gem with g++-3.0, but it wouldn't load so I reverted to
using an older g++

ciao,