[PD] command - value parsing

Ben Bogart - FMPM/F1999 bbogart at acs.ryerson.ca
Tue May 21 17:21:59 CEST 2002

Hello all,

I'm trying to get a simple command - value relationship to work in PD
with difficulty. Basically I want a message to have a simple syntax like
R 10 which would set the red value of an object to 10. So basically I
wanted to use a route to sort the messages according to the first symbol
"R" for example. So I have a pack s f which I take it should pack the "R"
and the value into one list. problem is that when I put a "print" on
the output, rather than getting "R 10" I get "list R 10". Seems to me I'm
missing some vital logic about symbols..

Any help would be appriciated.

(Oh course I could use other floats as the "commands") but that would be
a lot less readable. "0 10" )

Thanks
Ben

B. Bogart