[PD] question about 09.pvoc.pd

Miller Puckette mpuckett at man104-1.ucsd.edu
Wed May 22 06:13:43 CEST 2002

Hi Chris,

I don't fully understand the semantics of sample rates in block~ed subpatches
myself...  anyway, I think in the case of overlap, sample rate isn't the number
of samples per second, but rather, one over the time difference between
successive samples, which then shouldn't change when you change overlap
factor.  It's a question of definition only, and really should ultimately
be chosen for greatest convenience...  but I don't yet think I know what
ultimately will prove most convenient and I would hate to change it now...

cheers
Miller