[PD] asio clarification

David Sabine dave at davesabine.com
Thu May 23 03:56:17 CEST 2002

Hello,

Should PD use MME or WDM asio drivers?

I've purchased a Roland UA-5 and according to their support documentation the MME and WDM drivers cannot be installed on the same machine at the same time -- I have to choose ONE or the OTHER.

I'm using Windows XP.

This is really the first question in a long list of questions I have about asio with PD:  the others include:
1. why does PD 'hang' when I use the -asio flag.
2. why doesn't the -soundindev and -soundoutdev flags work? (I can't select any device other than the system default device.)
3. and I have a lot of questions for Roland too!