[PD] Input Controllers for Pd with finer grain than MIDI

David N G McCallum 8dngm at qlink.queensu.ca
Thu May 23 18:16:30 CEST 2002

	What do people use for controller input into Pd? I'm geared
towards building a MIDI slider box (ucapps.de) but it occurred to me that
it really would be nice to have a finer grain input than 7-bit.

	I built a controller that uses the joystick port (spacetaxi.de)
but the jitter is a little too much to deal with (unless anyone has a
jitter-filter patch they could send me).

	Are there any options through the serial port? What are my
options for finer-grain controller input?

.
. David McCallum
. Queen's University Electronic Music Studio Manager
.           and Noise Maker
. http://mentalfloss.ca/sintheta/
.