[PD] Input Controllers for Pd with finer grain than MIDI

Christian Klippel ck at mamalala.de
Thu May 23 20:39:42 CEST 2002

hi david,

on my site you can find a input box that plugs into
the parport of a pc. its a cheap (in means of $)
design, and has 10 bit resolution (or 12 with a
different ad chip) up to 88 inputs are possible
(in step of 11). speed is quite fast, a few msecs
for all ports, faster than midi anyway. of course
you have to build it your own, but its really easy ;)

the "driver" object currently only exists for jmax,
but should be really easy to make it pd on either
linux or windows.

see the electronics part of my site for that.
pricelist for digikey is also there (but maybe
outdated) : http://mamalala.de/files/electronic.html

i know of at least 5 people who have build a complete
box and use them in a "production enviroment",
but a lot more have build them (tough i dont know
how big and for what use)

greets,

chris

--