[pd] shell and ongoing processes

Bo.T tim at timesup.org
Fri May 24 18:58:24 CEST 2002

Hi all,

  since i seem to have the usual habit of asking questions that
no one else knows the answer to either, i thought i'D ask
an easy one.

  can the ggee shell external start a process (via a shell script)
that keeps going?

  I keep trying it and it does not want to work, the ps aux
command gives [pd <defunct>], which seems to correspond to
the nonrunning process that I am trying to run.

  for those interested, i am trying to get PD to start
a script that used pdsend and pdreceive objects to
act as an interface for the PD process to other programs.
I would like to be able to do this so I can have a little
local patch that I call up with unique port numbers as
arguments and they will be used for communication
between the main PD patch and the external programs. Doing
all this by hand is a pain in the bum.

  Hope someone can tell me, or tell me that it is not possible.
I thought i had seen this on the list, but cannot find it
anymore :-<

chrz,

tm

--