[PD] web publishing suggestions

Frank Barknecht barknech at ph-cip.uni-koeln.de
Fri May 24 19:20:51 CEST 2002

Hi,
John Saylor hat gesagt: // John Saylor wrote:
> mp3.com is pretty much as commercialized of a site as is out there- with
> required registration to download songs, cookie tracking, selling your
> email address to spammers, and probably lots of other stuff I don't even
> know about.

I have my own webserver now and think, that was the best decision I
made webwise for a long time. On mp3.com I can only comment from a
user/listeners' perspective and that's simple: mp3.com sucks big. You
already listed all the reasons why.

In fact, my site footils.org is just a DNS redirect to the real
webspace and thus the domain itself just costs 9,99 EUR a year. So if
you can get cheap webspace somewhere else without the domain, you can
save some money.

But all this probably depends a lot on the country you live in and on
the traffic you expect.

ciao,